This is the second stream on a series where I sit down to learn the Ruby Object Mapper library.
On this stream I moved to a file based SQLite database instead of a memory based one.
Things I learned on the stream:
- Configuring a file based SQLite database.
- How to write the SQLite database URI (I always forget how to do this).
- How to write migrations.
- How to create Rake tasks for creating migrations and migrating the database.
Things I still need to learn:
- Working with PostgreSQL.
A quick note on the things to learn: I need to learn much more than what I'm including here, but I'm trying to put the logical next steps and keep adding as I go.
- I'm doing this for two reasons:
- First, I don't want to get overwhelmed with all the things.
- Second, I want the topics to come out organically instead of forcing them.
For this reason, I'm adding just a few things to learn at the time (probably 2 or 3 at most).